Past shows by Willowbrook Painters
- Deanna Williford showed 3 of her paintings in the Laurel Art Guild exhibit in Wilde Lake’s Slayton House 10400 Cross Fox Lane, Columbia, MD 21044 . The show runs from October 18 – December 15, 2018 with the reception on October 20 from 3-5 pm.
- Kathryn Tillman participated in the Color Columbia 2018 Plein Air Paint Out Event sponsored by the Columbia Art Center. Reception 9/15. Works are on display from September 15 – 30. Columbia Art Center, 6100 Foreland Garth Columbia, MD 21045 • 410-730-0075.
- Karen Carpenter’s work is featured at Rehoboth Art League Member Exhibitions, , Willowbrook Nov.16-17, 2018 and Baked Gallery show in Berlin MD, December 2018.
- Deanna Williford has a solo exhibit of 27 watercolors at the Swift Creek Mill Theatre in Colonial Heights, VA from Sept. 12 – Oct. 29, 2018. The reception is on Sept. 12th at 7:00 pm with an invite to stay and see the comedy, “Count Dracula,” as her guest, afterwards. Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Irene Whitaker participated in “The Over 70 Show” In August 2018 at the Delaplaine Center in Frederick. The exhibit celebrated the works of artists 70 years and older in various media.
- Deanna Williford shows her work in Richmond, VA. at the Chester Branch Library. The solo exhibit titled “Colors of Life” features 30 watercolor paintings. Chester Branch Library •11800 Centre St., Chester, VA 23831 (M–Th: 10am – 9pm, F–Sat: 10am – 5pm June 1st to July 30th with a reception and artist’s talk on June 23, 3:30-5pm.
- Irene Whitaker’s “Power of the Wind” was selected to be part of Clean Water Action’s traveling exhibit, “Wonders of the Wind,” which was held in Ocean City (May 5 – 12, 2018) and Baltimore (May 15 – 20, 2018). It was the featured painting on the program of the Baltimore reception.
- Allison Korn and Betty H. Myers were invited to submit work to the Annual Student/Faculty Exhibition 2018–Columbia Art Center. May 17-June 2. Columbia Art Center, 6100 Foreland Garth Columbia, MD 21045 • 410-730-0075
- Betty H. Myers was invited to submit work to the Blossoms of Hope 2018 “Dancing for Claudia: Movement through Words and Art,” 9th Annual Theme Exhibition hosted by the Columbia Art Center. May 17-June 2. Columbia Art Center, 6100 Foreland Garth Columbia, MD 21045 • 410-730-0075
- Allison Korn, Betty H. Myers, Carol Dunlavey, Claire Femiano, Irene Whitaker and Kathy Tillman donated paintings to the Howard County Conservancy art exhibit fundraiser. Each artist created 10”x10” nature-inspired artwork for the 2018 Art of Stewardship event, “Nature through the Eyes of the Artists.” All proceeds benefited the Howard County Conservancy. Allison received “Honorable Mention for her entry “Art or Detritus.” Gudelsky Gallery at the Howard County Conservancy • 10520 Old Frederick Road, Woodstock, MD 21163
- Carol Jo Roeder was featured in The Meeting House Gallery’s 4th Annual Congregational Art Exhibit • February 3 – April 7, 2018. The Meeting House • 5885 Robert Oliver Place, Columbia, MD 21045
- Betty H. Myers participated in the annual exhibit, 2018 HoCo Open • January 12 – February 23, 2018. The Howard County Arts Council, Howard County Center for the Arts, 8510 High Ridge Road, Ellicott City, Maryland 21043
- Allison Korn, Betty H. Myers & Shirley Whyte were juried into the 84th Annual International Exhibition of Fine Art in Miniature show, November 19, 2017–January 6, 2018, presented by The Miniature Painters, Sculptors & Gravers Society of Washington, D.C. (mpsgs.org). Strathmore Mansion 10701 Rockville Pike, Bethesda, MD 20852
- Irene Whitaker and Karen Carpenter participated in a show celebrating Columbia’s 50th birthday: 50 Artists for 50 Years 50/50 at Slayton House, Bernice Kish Gallery at Slayton House 10400 Cross Fox Lane, Columbia, MD 21044 • September 7 through October 14, 2017
- Deanna Williford’s painting, “Hons Day Out,” was juried into the 2018 Mid-Atlantic Regional Watercolor Exhibition located in the BlackRock Center for the Arts, Germantown, MD, June-July, 2018.
- Karen Carpenter’s work is featured at 2017: Baked Gallery show in Berlin MD, Milton Garden Tour show in Milton DE in Sept., Rehoboth Art League Member Exhibitions
May 1-June 11, 2017
Karen exhibited in the Rehobeth Art League show: Getting in the Mood with Light and Shadows–A Juried Members’ Showcase
Karen was the featured artist for the month at Baked Dessert Cafe in Berlin, Maryland.
Karen, along with Irene Whitaker, recently participated in a show celebrating Columbia’s 50th birthday: 50 Artists for 50 years 50/50 at Slayton House
May 1-June 11, 2017
Artist Karen Carpenter in the Rehobeth Art League show: Getting in the Mood with Light and Shadows–A Juried Members’ Showcase
Willowbrook artists, Karen Carpenter and Irene Whitaker, exhibited in a two woman show entitled “Perceptions.”
June 6-August 15, 2013
Willowbrook artist, Betty Myers, was selected by the Maryland Art League to show pieces at the Bernice Kish Gallery, Slayton House, 10400 Cross Fox Lane, Columbia, Maryland 2104
May 31-June 1, 2013 Willowbrook Studio Artists
Willowbrook Art Show, Oliver’s Carriage House, Kittamaqundi
Art of Stewardship Exhibit at the Howard County Conservancy
March 14- April 18, 2013
Willowbrook artists Elaine Buderer, Karen Carpenter, Florence Miller, and Irene Whitaker were selected to show pieces in the 2013 juried exhibit
Willowbrook painter Judith Roark and husband Roger
Displayed photography and water color paintings at Glenwood Community Center during March in Glenwood Maryland
November 5 -January 31, 2013 – Marjorie Goethe
KIFA’s Annual Chesapeake College Show at the atrium in the Todd Performance Art Center